"Circus at Wise Fool is a combination of everything I love to do; spend time with really cool people, do crazy fun activities, and explore new things. I am infinitely happy I found Wise Fool."
- Youth Participant
“[The Wise Fool staff’s] gentle belief in all the kids' abilities resulted in all the kids being able to overcome their own personal challenges… and by the end the kids were all so incredibly proud of what they'd achieved.”
- Parent of Summer Camp Youth
“Nothing has boosted [my daughter’s] self-confidence the way her three days at Wise Fool did.”
- Parent of Winter Camp Participant
"The stretching, acrobatics, climbing, running, and laughing have all been positive influences on not just our child but for her younger sibling and her friends. She is eager to try new tricks, to help her friends learn new skills, and is more appreciative of creative movement."
-Parent of an Afterschool Fools Youth
"The camps were hands down one of the best summer experiences ...The atmosphere was always sweet and happy - time for play and learning amazing things from the amazing young and vibrant teaching staff. The role models for my daughter could not have been better."
- Kids Camp Parent
Registration for Winter Camp & Afterschool Fools for Spring 2018 open now!
Wise Fool spring, summer, and winter break camps allow your kiddos to run away with the circus, without leaving home! Students learn stilt-walking, unicycling, aerial fabric, trapeze, juggling, puppet-making, clowning and more! All in a safe, non-competitive environment. Camps fill up quickly, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our mailing list to find out about camp registration.
Summer Camps 2018 Registration now Open:
- WeeKids - June 18-22, 2018, entering grades 1st or 2nd.
- Teen Camp -- New! June 18 - 29th, entering grades 7th through 12th
- Summer Camp Session I - July 9-20th 2018, entering grades 3rd - 7th
- Summer Camp Session II - July 23-Aug 3rd, 2018, entering grades 4th - 8th.
Winter Camp, for students in grades 2nd - 6th. No experience necessary. Registration will open November 1st. Camp runs 9am to 3:30pm, with before & aftercare options. Two sessions: December December 26 - 28th and January 2 - 4.Tuition assistance available!
Spring Break Camp 2019, Dates TBD based on SFPS spring break for students in grades 2nd - 6th. No experience necessary. Registration now open! Camp runs 9am to 3:30pm.
Wise Fool has offered afterschool classes for local youth since 2004! Afterschool classes include instruction in aerial fabric, trapeze, stilt-walking, clowning, unicycling, juggling, acrobatics & more!
Spring 2018 2nd Session Runs February 27th - April 16th
- Wee Kids for Pre-K, Wednesdays 3:30-4:30pm
- Wee Kids for Kinder/1st, Tuesdays or Fridays 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Circus Exploration for grades 2nd - 6th, Mondays or Wednesdays 3:30 - 5pm
- Take it to the Stage for grades 3rd - 7th, Tuesdays AND Thursdays, 3:30 - 5pm
- Youth Aerials for ages 6 - 13; runs on an ongoing basis, Beginners Saturdays 10 - 11:15. Intermediate/Advanced, Saturdays 11:15 - 12:30 (come on in, drop-ins welcome! Check the studio calendar to see when classes are happening).
- NEW! Tween/Teen Class Tuesdays 5:30 - 7. Students ages 11 - 16 will build foundational circus skills in stilt-walking, juggling, tumbling, and partner acrobatics. Students are also encouraged to complement this class with a specialty class -- juggling/unicycling or youth aerials for 11-12 year olds, and any of the adult classes for students 13 and up. No experience necessary, but also suitable for youth who have some circus experience but aren't ready or old enough for teen troupe.
Please note, if you'd like to apply for a scholarship, please click here to create a Front Desk Profile and then click on the button below to apply for a scholarship. Scholarship decisions are made at least one week before the start of the program.
Wise Fool is now offering our Teen Troupe on an ongoing basis! This class is for older students ages 12-18. When teens sign up for Teen Troupe, they commit to taking one adult class in the discipline of their choice (i.e. fabric, trapeze, acrobalance, unicycling, etc.) each week. During the summer, students can also take a conditioning, flexibility or acro class, and practice their skills in open studio. During the school year, students meet on Tuesdays 5-7pm as a group to explore performance skills, develop strength and flexibility. Cost is a sliding scale based on income from $15 - $125 per month. If your youth is interested in Teen Troupe please email Ilana at email@example.com or call 505-310-9723.
June 4 - 15, 2018 (By nomination only, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested)
TeenBUST brings middle school girls together in a community that supports taking risks, pushing boundaries, and becoming physically bold.
Learning circus skills and puppetry is not only fun, it helps youth to develop self confidence, learn and practice teamwork and mutual respect, develop trust in themselves and others, explore their unique self-expression, and develop belief in their ability as artists and performers. It also provides non-competitive physical activity and helps youth develop a positive relationship with their bodies through balance, physical strength, and healthy risk-taking. And did we mention that it's fun?! In addition to our on-site programs listed below, Wise Fool works extensively in area schools.
For more information on any program, please contact our Youth Programs Director, Ilana Blankman, at 505 310-9723 or email@example.com.
Our Youth Programs Policies
All participants in Wise Fool's Youth Programs are asked to follow these policies (download here) to keep our programs safe, positive, supportive, and beneficial for everyone involved! Parents sign an acknowledgement of these policies when enrolling their youth in our programs. Contact Ilana, Youth Programs Director at 505-310-9723 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!