This December, join Wise Fool performers, coaches and students for a playful, family friendly evening of circus arts… in the clouds! Come enjoy acrobatic feats of sky high proportions during our annual Winter Cabaret. You won’t want to miss this sparkling, sky-clouds themed variety show featuring a multitude of artists and disciplines. We hope to see you there!
All ticket sales support Wise Fool's programming for youth and adults in our studio, in the public schools, and beyond!
WHEN: Saturday, December 23rd @ 2pm and 6pm
WHERE: Wise Fool 1131 Siler Rd B, Santa Fe, NM 87507
TICKETS: $15-$10 (Pre-sale for Adults), $5 for youth; $20 at the door on day of show.
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Call For Performers
Hello, Wise Fool community! We are accepting performance applications for our Winter Cabaret.
Our theme will be playing with the idea of In the Clouds - however that speaks to you: the music, your costume, or just a loose interpretation of however you feel it connects to your performance
Teens are invited to perform in the 2pm Family Friendly matinee.
For adults, if your show contains adult themes you will be limited to our 6pm evening show.
If we do not receive any adult-themed acts, both shows will be billed as "family friendly"
We are currently taking submissions in all disciplines: aerials, acrobatics, clowning, experimental movement, juggling, unicycling, dance, poi, surprise us!
How To Submit
Interested in submitting your act? Here is more info!
Submission Deadline: Monday 11/20
Rehearsal: Friday 12/22 at 5pm
Performance: Saturday 12/23 at 2pm & 6pm
To submit, please share:
- a brief description of your act
- an estimated duration (acts can be up to 7 minutes),
- a bio (for our MC to introduce you),
- social handles (instagram, website, etc), if you want, and
- which show time (or both) you want to perform in
As a bonus, please be thinking about support needed on stage, including:
- rigging needs
We are able to offer 2 coaching sessions at 30 minutes each for feedback as you work through your act. We highly encourage that you take advantage of this; please let us know your availability and we'll connect you with a coach 🙂
As always, we are thrilled to work with our community to make this event specatacular~ y'all are magical beings! Please feel free to share this call with anyone in your wider circles who you think would be interested 🙂
Call For Volunteers
Not interested in performing, but still want to be involved? We are also looking for help and volunteers for our Winter Cabaret!
Please let us know by December 8 if you are interested.
Please note for some roles we offer work-trade opportunities, in case you want credits you can use towards our classes.
- House Sound - Oversee the soundtrack for show.
- House Lights - Oversees the lighting during the show
- Emcee - Introduce performers, facilitate flow of the show.
- Front-of-House - Check in attendees; sell tickets, merch, and concessions; fold programs, hand out surveys, etc
- Stage Hands - Assist performers with props & rigging during the show, operate curtains
- General Setup - Needed day before show (during tech rehearsal) to help set up our space. Includes hanging up show curtain, assisting coaches with preparing apparatuses, moving/setting up bleachers, creating dressing room, moving workout equipment upstairs, etc.
- Show Strike - Needed after last showtime to help clean up our studio space. Includes breaking down bleachers and dressing room, replacing moved equipment, etc
- Flyering/Advertising - We are looking for volunteers able to stop by other local businesses to post flyers and advertise our show
- Baked Goods - We are looking for volunteers able to donate their baked goods to be sold as concessions during the show.
Please email Alexis (email@example.com) with your preferred role, as well as if you are available for either the matinee or evening show (or both!)