Wise Fool is looking for a temporary circus teacher/administrator to fill a 1/2 – 3/4 time position while the current Adult/Teen Program Director/Studio Manager is on sabbatical. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build circus administrative experience, and/or to learn more about the world of social circus. Deadline for Applications, November 28th.
When: Timing is somewhat flexible–looking for 2 – 2.5 months between January 20th and May 15th.
Where: Wise Fool New Mexico in Santa Fe, NM. Wise Fool is a social circus organization that works with both youth and adults.
What: 10 hours of administrative work per week overseeing adult and teen programs and managing studio bookings and overseeing rigging. Teaching 5 – 10 adult/teen classes per week, depending on interest/skill. Opportunities also exist for performing with Wise Fool event entertainment.
Who: The ideal candidate has the following skills, but please don’t hesitate to apply if you’re missing a couple of them, but have an enthusiasm to learn them:
- a passion for social circus
- strong awareness of and sensitivity around social justice issues, inclusivity and power dynamics, or at least a passion to learn about these issues
- ability to teach higher level recreational circus skills to adults in at least two of the following disciplines: trapeze, lyra, silks, partner acro, handstands. (Anyone planning to teach aerial skills must have an intro level aerial teacher training certification i.e. from Nimble Arts or equivalent.)
- basic rigging skills
- strong administrative skills, including handling registrations, some social media, studio bookings
- basic computer skills, including google sheets/docs/forms, simple website editing, comfortability with online registration systems or willingness to learn.
- ability to communicate verbally and in written form in Spanish.
There is also a strong possibility that whoever takes this job temporarily would be invited to be a part of the Wise Fool team on a longer term basis in some other teaching/administrative capacity.
How Much: pay is $15 – $18/hr for administrative work, depending on experience. Teaching is $29.1/hr.
If you’re interested in the position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Ilana at email@example.com. Questions? You can call Ilana at 505-310-9723.