Wise Fool is looking for a temporary circus teacher/administrator to fill a 1/2 – 3/4 time position while the current Adult/Teen Program Director/Studio Manager is on sabbatical. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build circus administrative experience, and/or to learn more about the world of social circus. Deadline for Applications, November 28th.
- a passion for social circus
- strong awareness of and sensitivity around social justice issues, inclusivity and power dynamics, or at least a passion to learn about these issues
- ability to teach higher level recreational circus skills to adults in at least two of the following disciplines: trapeze, lyra, silks, partner acro, handstands. (Anyone planning to teach aerial skills must have an intro level aerial teacher training certification i.e. from Nimble Arts or equivalent.)
- basic rigging skills
- strong administrative skills, including handling registrations, some social media, studio bookings
- basic computer skills, including google sheets/docs/forms, simple website editing, comfortability with online registration systems or willingness to learn.
- ability to communicate verbally and in written form in Spanish.