Wise Fool has been able to navigate through the pandemic well; these were rough times. But today, we are facing challenges we have not anticipated. We need your help!
This year we have been increasing our programs for youth and adults; our camps and afterschool programs have been full; and we created an amazing production, ReUnite! All these efforts have been a fantastic team effort, but unfortunately, we are not reaping the financial benefits from all we have done. One reason is that we want to offer affordable programs. Overall our youth programs aim to reach 76% economically disadvantaged, 80% BIPOC (Hispanic & Native American), and 13% disabled youth. For example, in 2022, we offered $27,287 worth of free programming and provided $9,806 in scholarships that enabled access to 34 youth to our programs.
Another reason is that we have unprecedented staffing shortages. We have lost 50% of our core coaching staff since the pandemic began.
Now more than ever, we need your help!
To help us reach our $50,000 goal, you can:
- Donate even $5 to this campaign.
- Become a sustaining donor and donate just $5 every month, which is only $60 per year. Sign up here.
- Buy tickets for our upcoming ReUnite performance at Popejoy Hall on September 2 at 2pm and 6pm– Consider buying Gold Level tickets to support our organization. Use Earlybird10 for $10 off through August 15.
- Buy tickets for our upcoming Fall Cabaret, and consider making an additional donation with your purchase.
- Buy tickets to attend a fundraiser show we are hosting this weekend - Wise Fool and The Caravan Present: A Night of UNITY and HOPE
- Hire Wise Fool to perform at your private events and recommend us to perform at your business function. We can make your event unforgettable!
How did this happen? We've increased coach’s pay to match the cost of living in Santa Fe, offered paid time off as well as shifted our sick leave policies. We want our coaches to have full time work at Wise Fool with benefits, trainings and a meaningful work space. This was necessary for the success of the organization, as well as staff retention. However, this has had an impact on our finances. These funds will help Wise Fool to stay afloat in a time where we are navigating staffing shortages, increased scholarship needs, increased wages in order to act in alignment with our values, and overall what a future of financial sustainability looks like post pandemic. We need the support of our community in order to make it through this time.
We extend our puppet arms for your support!
Wise Fool is a non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible.