Wise Fool is looking for an Interim Administrator! If you are interested in working for your local social circus, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Interim Administrator
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Status: Part-time (30 hours/week) starting immediately through the end of 2018.
Compensation: : $18/hour, plus access to studio for training
The interim Administrator will maintain smooth operations to assist Wise Fool in a smooth staff reconfiguration and transition process. The Interim Administrator will assume most responsibilities of the departing Managing Director and will work with the Leadership Team to reconfigure staff roles and create job descriptions, leading to the successful hiring and onboarding of permanent staff.
The Interim Administrator must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative tasks as well as be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate must be a confident fundraiser, grant writer, and financial manager, be able to prioritize, maintain good organization, have a strong administrative skillset, be flexible, and enjoy the daily administrative challenges of supporting a small arts nonprofit of diverse programs and people.
Administration and Finance
- Creates and manages annual organizational budget of approximately $500,000.
- Creates and manages annual grants allocation budget. Aids program directors in creation and management of program budgets.
- Oversees bookkeeper and Quickbooks records. Keeps abreast of current financial situation and submits budgets and reports to the Board of Directors for review and approval. Runs and analyzes basic end-of-year reports.
- Ensure proper filing of 990 and other tax forms, annual fees, and business registrations.
- Oversees organization’s fundraising efforts. Spearheads annual phone-a-thon and Individual Giving Campaign. Assists Board of Directors in creation, logistics, and details of special events.
- Finds and researches new grant sources and application processes. Writes grant proposals, tracks budgets, and submits invoices and reports to private and government foundations.
- Assists Wise Fool Leadership Team in publicizing all Wise Fool programs via print and digital media. Works with graphic designers as needed.
Strategic and Long-Term Planning
- Works closely with the Leadership Team to develop high-level, logistical, and administrative plans to best support the annual programs and overall vision of Wise Fool.
- Three or more years experience working with non-profit or community organizations. Arts Management experience a plus.
- Experience with fundraising, financial management and grantwriting.
- An understanding of and commitment to social justice. Wise Fool defines social justice as “the equitable distribution of resources and information; space for the human spirit to thrive; and realization of the dignity and health of all beings, environments, and communities.”
- Skill and knowledge regarding computers, internet and email, and basic business software including Word, Excel, and Quickbooks. Ability to learn new software and database systems.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, delegate responsibility, and shift gears quickly. Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work in a noisy, high-traffic environment (office space is located in lobby of studio where various classes and camps run some of the year).
About Wise Fool New Mexico
It is Wise Fool’s mission to ignite imagination, build community, and promote social justice through performances and hands-on experiences in the arts of circus, puppetry, and theatre. Each year Wise Fool provides over 2000 New Mexicans with hands-on programs and performs for over 10,000 people across New Mexico and the U.S. www.wisefoolnewmexico.org